1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MATHS PLANNING-DO YOU COVER ALL OBJECTIVES IN EACH unit BLOCK?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chocciemad, Aug 20, 2011.

1. I have just sat down to do my MTP for autumn. I am looking at the obj's for each block and there are loads! Do you get to cover them all in each unit block, eg Block A unit 1, even though it is only a 2 week block? How do you prioritise which objective you will teach?
    Thanks

2. I have just sat down to do my MTP for autumn. I am looking at the obj's for each block and there are loads! Do you get to cover them all in each unit block, eg Block A unit 1, even though it is only a 2 week block? How do you prioritise which objective you will teach?
    Thanks

3. Thanks guys, that helps. How long to give to each obj per week?

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Some a few days, some five minute starter or plenary. Depends on the objective and the class.

Just do what seems to be common sense to you. Remember the frameworks are not statutory, if you miss bits it doesn't matter.

5. I used to go through the objectives jotting down when I would cover them before I started a unit. I used mental/oral starters to cover quite a few in some units. The objectives usually appear more than once over the year so bear in mind that you get the opportunity to come back to them and reinforce gaps in the children's knowledge.