1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Packs/games

Discussion in 'Primary' started by RJR_38, Apr 26, 2012.

1. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I have been asked to start looking into and setting up a resource bank of maths games and activities that parents can take home and play with their children in EY - Y2. I know there are lots of paper ones you can download from the internet and laminate etc and I will certainly be using some of those but I was hoping to find some more that are a bit more 'professional' (not the right word but I hope you know what I mean) looking.
    We will have a budget to fund all this and our parents can can be very particular hence why the bought route might be a better route than the made one. Any ideas of companies/catalogues I can look at would be fab (I have already started lokoing on BEAM)

2. Wotton

Wotton Established commenter

We have some in school which go from R to y6. They come in zip folders. Will see if I can find out where they came from but I'm not in school again until Monday.

3. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

Orchard Games (Pop to the Shops, Bus Stop, etc)
    http://www.letmelearn.co.uk/shop/maths-board-games-ks1-ks2/
    Top Trumps

4. Wotton

Sorry have been so busy forgot to check the games. Will try and remember tomorrow.

5. princess77

princess77 New commenter

6. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Sorry for not replying earlier - all these ideas look fab so thanks!

7. Wotton

8. This a brilliant website with lots of quality games and activities. All in paper form, yes, but just need a colour printer and to laminate them and they're great.
    Www.mathsticks.co.uk

9. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Thanks for the link - that is exactly what I was looking for!
    gyale50 - I use mathsticks a lot for my 1-1 teaching and agree there are some fabulous resources on there - I just feel that in our environment something like the link above would be more suitable for sending home.