1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths obs what do you think?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by paul_mc1, Feb 27, 2012.

1. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

I'm being observed in Numeracy this week and would really appreciate it if people wouldn't mind casting a critical eye over my plan. Focus though is AFL and showing progress, particularly in the first half of the lesson. I feel like I've got thhe main activity, but not the introduction sorted just yet. It's a final day on money so I was going to set the classroom up like a shopping centre.
    Intro - 5 mins - identify what coins you would use to pay for items - chn with money to show me.
    Main teaching 10 mins - revision of using a number line to calculate change.
    Independent work - specific children given roles - 1. shoppers - LA / AA (targeted children) 2. shopkeepers - AA/MA (targeted chidlren) 3. Head Office - GT chidlren oversee each shop and ensure children are calculating correctly.
    Any thoughts welcome and greatly appreciated!!!!!

2. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

I'm being observed in Numeracy this week and would really appreciate it if people wouldn't mind casting a critical eye over my plan. Focus though is AFL and showing progress, particularly in the first half of the lesson. I feel like I've got thhe main activity, but not the introduction sorted just yet. It's a final day on money so I was going to set the classroom up like a shopping centre.
    Intro - 5 mins - identify what coins you would use to pay for items - chn with money to show me.
    Main teaching 10 mins - revision of using a number line to calculate change.
    Independent work - specific children given roles - 1. shoppers - LA / AA (targeted children) 2. shopkeepers - AA/MA (targeted chidlren) 3. Head Office - GT chidlren oversee each shop and ensure children are calculating correctly.
    Any thoughts welcome and greatly appreciated!!!!!