1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths No Problem - planning for Y3/4 class help needed

Discussion in 'Primary' started by GeoffBFC, Apr 23, 2017.

1. GeoffBFC

GeoffBFC New commenter

Hi,
    I've just landed in a mixed ability y3/4 class and the school is using Maths No Problem. I don't have a TA so cannot feasible split the input by a group using a different learning space.

Other than doing alternate days input (In Focus) which will slow learning, what other ideas does anyone have? The scheme seems so inflexible. The school is understandably committed to the scheme and use of the In Focus/Workbooks and Textbooks

Thanks

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Hello @GeoffBFC :)

I suggest you post this query in the Primary forum where there is a better chance of reply. This forum is intended for those with problems using the website and so doesn't get the same traffic that other forums do.

3. ultimatedingbat

ultimatedingbat Established commenter

Possibly follow the Y3 No Problem - With extensions from the Y4? Dependant on how children access use the Y4 more as neededd?

4. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

You could split your time between the 2 year groups - 30 mins direct input with each. The other group can be consolidating previous learning.

ultimatedingbat likes this.
  5. Landofla

Landofla Established commenter

I would go and speak to the Maths coordinator/lead in your achool and ask how it should be done.

ultimatedingbat likes this.