1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths No Problem - How are you evaluating lessons?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Flo71, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Flo71

Flo71 New commenter

We are in our first term of Maths No Problem. Pupils self mark, as per the training we received, but surely this means we still need to check workbooks daily. How are other schools managing this? One suggestion in ours has been grids with lesson numbers, pupils' names and then a code to show they have done in the lesson. Help!

2. Josh7

Josh7 Occasional commenter

double post

3. Josh7

Josh7 Occasional commenter

That's pretty much what I do. I made bookmarks on card for each workbook - table on both sides. The children colour code how they think they've got on green, yellow or red, we class mark the books, I skim through and colour code onto the bookmark the same way. I nearly didn't bother with the bookmarks this year, it is more time consuming than just skimming through the self marked books & giving 1, 2 or 3 ticks.

We've been implementing Maths No Problem for 5 years now, the two year groups in which I've worked use bookmarks, the others mark the books in the traditional way.