1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths murder mystery

Discussion in 'Primary' started by moonling, Jun 24, 2011.

1. I've just seen the 'lesson on a plate' maths murder mystery (line graph used to record heart rates and to work out the culprit) on an episode of Teachers TV. It looked amazing but the links are no longer up and I can't find the resources. Does anybody know if they are still available anywhere else?

Many thanks!

2. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

If you go to the Dept of Education website here you can find the places that are now hosting teachers tv,
    Hope this helps

3. http://www.teachfind.com/teachers-tv/lesson-plate-murder-mystery-maths

is that it?

4. ihave it saved on memeory stick...let me know if u still need it

5. Just looked it up and yes that seems to be it, there is a part with extra materials, where everything can be downloaded. Looks excellent - I can't wait to try it out!

6. Thank you all so much for your help - really kind of you! I'm so pleased to have the resources needed for this and will definitely give it a go. Hope everybody else that tries it enjoys it too.

Thanks again,
    M [​IMG]

7. Hi
    I am desperately trying to find the 'lesson on a plate' maths murder mystery episode of Teachers TV and the resources from TES that go with it but I can't seem to find them anywhere. All links that I follow for the video say that it has been removed.
    Can somebody please help me?
    Thanks
    Hannah

8. Hi pops
    I have been desperately trying to find this video for ages but cannot seem find it anywhere. All links say that the resource has been removed. Is there any way you could help?
    Thanks
    Hannah

9. I have it and tried it last year for an observation. Altered it slightly for effect and got outstanding from it. I have it saved as a .rar file but not sure how to upload it here?

10. Have emailed you but it is a large file so hope it works...

11. Hi, is there any way you'd be able to email me the files? It's a brilliant lesson and one of the things the kids said they enjoyed the most about last year.

mandinie_2000@hotmail.com
    Thanks so much!

12. HI - is there any chance I can have a copy of the Murder Mystery video?
    d.lomax@exeter.ac.uk

I am so disappointed that this is no longer available - can send you a CD/dvd and SAE if too large to transfer
    many thanks

13. Hello.
    Jumping on the bandwaggon I'm afraid [​IMG]
    Could you email me the resources too.
    mrscox@yahoo.co.uk
    Thank you

14. Problem solved!

I have been searching for this for some time - and accessed several times the webpage found by a google search:

http://www.teachfind.com/teachers-tv/lesson-plate-murder-mystery-maths

This reports that due to licensing restrictions they cannot stream the video now...

BUT - scroll down the page a little to 'Extra Materials' and you can download the video and resource sheets and lesson plan.

Even better - look at 'more extra materials' 'related links' and 'more related links' for quite a few additional useful resources and ideas - better than the old site!

I use this with my primary trainee teachers and several have gone on to use in school - an engaging and cross curricular problem solving activity

15. Is there any chance I could also have a copy please? Caff99_99@yahoo.co.uk thanks a lot.

16. Su7

Su7

Hi Debi,
    I've tried to download the video in the extra resources zip file to no avail. For some reason the file won't download fully. I have all the other resources except the video. Would it be possible for you to send this to me: suziehenry@gmail.com? I'd be really really grateful! I was hoping to use the lesson this week during my teaching practice.

Thanks a mill.
    S.

17. Thank you heaps Debi, I have been looking for this for ages and kept landing on the teachfind site but never scrolled down and saw the download. Perfect!

18. bestcoast

bestcoast New commenter

I used this during my final placement in a Year 5/6 class last year and the children loved it! I got another teacher to deliver a letter that she'd 'found' on her desk that was addressed to the class from the 'local police force', thanking them for their help and informing them that they had arrested the suspect! They were over the moon!
    Sadly, my current class are too 'street wise' to believe that we would be asked to help with a genuine investigation! :(