1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Moderation KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by shortgal, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi, just seeking advice, in two weeks we are doing a KS1 maths moderation just as a school staff. I'll be taking two children's workbooks from each ability group (LA MA HA) and my maths APP highlighted for each child. I think its basicly to prove my target tracker assessments match up to the children's work/evidence.
    I was wondering if this was enough evidence to take?
    There is not a lot of work in their workbooks as the children are still at the stage where they need a lot of practical activities and structured worksheets and I only get three discrete lessons of Numeracy per week. Should I take the children's worksheets and all my lesson assessment for these children throughout the year to support the work in their workbooks?
    Thanks for advice [​IMG]

2. Hi, just seeking advice, in two weeks we are doing a KS1 maths moderation just as a school staff. I'll be taking two children's workbooks from each ability group (LA MA HA) and my maths APP highlighted for each child. I think its basicly to prove my target tracker assessments match up to the children's work/evidence.
    I was wondering if this was enough evidence to take?
    There is not a lot of work in their workbooks as the children are still at the stage where they need a lot of practical activities and structured worksheets and I only get three discrete lessons of Numeracy per week. Should I take the children's worksheets and all my lesson assessment for these children throughout the year to support the work in their workbooks?
    Thanks for advice [​IMG]

3. More important is what's in your head. How can you justify Johnny is level 1 a, 2c etc etc? What does he do? Independently? What does he need to help him? Fingers, equipment? etc etc etc
    But I'd take along everything you have anyway. You've taken the time to do it - so use it.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Ask around at school and see what everyone else is taking. You don't want to take great armfuls if everyone else is just turning up with a book or two. But then neither do you want to turn up with far less.

5. sarahmilly

sarahmilly New commenter

Hi,
    I find the same thing. I suggest youi take your books and assessment records. I find that when completing my tracking grid, my assessment folder is invaluable..
    Good luck!