1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Leaflets for Parents

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Jul 17, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Back in about February someone kind posted a link to get a leaflet of fabulous maths games for parents to use at home.

We used it to great effect in year 6 and want to now use it in other year groups, but can I find the link? No!

Please could someone sensible who bookmarked the link or the site repost here for me? I will be forever grateful.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Back in about February someone kind posted a link to get a leaflet of fabulous maths games for parents to use at home.

We used it to great effect in year 6 and want to now use it in other year groups, but can I find the link? No!

Please could someone sensible who bookmarked the link or the site repost here for me? I will be forever grateful.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

4. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

I can't find the link but I think it was on the Sussex County Council site, and was called Maths is Fun...maybe that helps a little...I only save the pack for my current year group (5)

5. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Msz - that's it!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

WOW! That was quick! Why did I bother spending half an hour looking to save myself looking daft?! Must remember just to ask.

Yes both perfect and the exact links. Thank you so much!

Love this site! How did we all ever teach without it?

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Just cos I am feeling cheeky, no-one knows of any similar things for literacy do they?

8. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Not quite the same as they're not games but I often send home some of Gareth Pitchford's homework sheets from the Primary Resources site - stand alone writing tasks that the children can complete with parents. They are ideal as a quick fix when I've forgotten to set any homework!
    http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/english/englishhome.htm

For reading, spelling, sentence or word based work, I direct them to the BBC Bitesize site that has been revamped in the last month with much more appealing games and activities that can be carried out at home with parents.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesize/english/