1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths leader

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by cliveceltic, Oct 14, 2011.

1. I would imagine you would have to teach a class a maths lesson and be observed by governors/head etc. You will then be asked about your lesson in the interview. Check out the Pimp Your Lesson book recommended on the Jobseekers forum. It got me an 'outstanding' lesson at my last interview (although the post went to an NQT rather than me the expensive experienced person). The book made me aware of where my lessons were letting me down at interview - or rather the lesson planning. You should be given a topic to teach and a lesson length - anything from a 10 minute starter to a full lesson. Even if you do a started, plan the whole lesson in great detail highlighting the bit you are doing.

When I was interviewed for deputy head there was a children's panel as well and a written task. Some mainscale interviews have given me prep time for a list of questions.

Maybe check their ofsted and look into their maths comments. Look on their website for clues as to their maths scheme or whether they have maths clubs etc.

You may be asked about budgeting as a subject leader, whole school planning, recent policies or monitoring other members of staff etc.

I am sure they will send a letter in the post with details of what the day will entail.
    Good Luck

2. Thank you for your comments.Got the job [​IMG]