1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Investigations -Yr 3/4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by downhearted, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Hi,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction or give me some much needed inspiration!

My year group has decided to scrap maths sets next week in favour of just doing maths investigations with our own classes.

I was told to split my class into mixed ability groups but I don't think that will work too well, as I have some children who are very able and a lot of children who still stuggle with basic calculations. So I am thinking that I will it be best if I have 3 different investigations on the go with the children giving feedback at the end of the lesson.

Does anyone know of anywhere where I can find some ideas for open ended investigations that will be suitable for year 3's and 4's of differing abilities?

Any pointers in the right direction would be very much appreciated as at the moment I really cannot think.

Thanks

2. Hi,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction or give me some much needed inspiration!

My year group has decided to scrap maths sets next week in favour of just doing maths investigations with our own classes.

I was told to split my class into mixed ability groups but I don't think that will work too well, as I have some children who are very able and a lot of children who still stuggle with basic calculations. So I am thinking that I will it be best if I have 3 different investigations on the go with the children giving feedback at the end of the lesson.

Does anyone know of anywhere where I can find some ideas for open ended investigations that will be suitable for year 3's and 4's of differing abilities?

Any pointers in the right direction would be very much appreciated as at the moment I really cannot think.

Thanks

3. EBD35

EBD35 Occasional commenter

4. As NNS are now archived, does anyone have the PDF file nns_mathchall_008300_all.pdf or perhaps a working link to the archived file?
    Thank you.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

6. marlin

7. marlin