1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths investigation- Learning objective

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cardboardy, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am going to do the 'Fireworks' Investigation from the NNS Mathematical Challenges Book as an observation lesson. Does anyone have any idea what an acceptable learning objective is?
    Thanks!!x

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

The point of the lesson objective is what YOU want them to get out of the lesson.

3. tpt51

tpt51 New commenter

I hate to be picky but shouldn't you always start with a learning objective and then plan your lesson around it in order to ensure that you are teaching the children what they need.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yeps! but then again, at this point in the school year, I would say it is ok to have the odd lesson,where you just keep them occupied on some kind of related activity and think of a LO if someone walks in.

Do the challenges not have a LO at the bottom of the page?

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

7. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I was thinking more along the lines of an Ma1 L.O e.g. to record systematically or to use apparatus.
    x