1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Intervention

Discussion in 'Primary' started by RJR_38, Feb 27, 2012.

1. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I have just started as SENCO at a school and as the systems in place need a huge overhaul I havekind of got freedom to develop what I want. The school is generally high achieving but with very high EAL. Class sizes are small (around 15) with 2 TAs shared between the whole of KS2.
    What I am looking for is some Maths Intervention. If I take children I can obviously plan and deliver a tailor made programme for the child and with small class sizes it could perhaps be argued that clas teachers should be doing the same thing... but that isn't necessarily happening yet. Does anyone know of any good intervention programmes I could investigate - probbaly for TAs to take on? (Money isn't necessarily an issue but I need something good quality.) there is a lot out there for literacy should you choose to use it but Maths I haven't yet found anything other than the wave 3 government materials...

2. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I have just started as SENCO at a school and as the systems in place need a huge overhaul I havekind of got freedom to develop what I want. The school is generally high achieving but with very high EAL. Class sizes are small (around 15) with 2 TAs shared between the whole of KS2.
    What I am looking for is some Maths Intervention. If I take children I can obviously plan and deliver a tailor made programme for the child and with small class sizes it could perhaps be argued that clas teachers should be doing the same thing... but that isn't necessarily happening yet. Does anyone know of any good intervention programmes I could investigate - probbaly for TAs to take on? (Money isn't necessarily an issue but I need something good quality.) there is a lot out there for literacy should you choose to use it but Maths I haven't yet found anything other than the wave 3 government materials...

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

have messaged you with some information about the Numbers Count programme

Carrie [​IMG]

4. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

Google ENS - Early Numeracy Support for Year 1 children
    Sums Up - Year 2 children

5. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Oooh - I completely forgot I even did the ENS stuff with some of m Y1 children years ago - thanks foreminding me! I have not heard of the Y2 stuff but shall ferret it out :)