1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths help please!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by SENDKath, Nov 16, 2015.

1. SENDKath

SENDKath New commenter

Ive picked up a Maths cover lesson and (stupidly ?) brought the past questions home to make sure I knew what I was doing; any suggestions please?
    image.jpeg

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

length X width X height = volume
    x X x X (x+4) = 150
    x2 X (x+4) = 150
    x3+ 4x2 = 150

Sorry can't get the xs and the powers to look how they should, but hopefully you get the idea.

3. SENDKath

SENDKath New commenter

Thanks caterpillartobutterfly, I was sort of getting there just wasn't sure what to look for (it's for a bottom set of naughty boys anyway so should be fun!)

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Oh SENDKath - am disappointed in you ! Glad you managed to get some help with your Maths problem but ' bottom set ' and ' naughty boys ' . Please consider 'lower attaining' and 'challenging' ? Have fun.

5. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Lead commenter

Now minnie me, I'm very disappointed that you have assumed that a group of young men who have adopted an alternate set of behavioural norms should be labelled as "challenging", and that you have prejudged their prospects and assumed that they will be "lower attaining". For shame!

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Point taken. Can you offer alternatives to ' bottom set ' and ' naughty ' ?

7. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Which year is it for? What's the next part of the question?