1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Glossary

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by 1033, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Hello

Does anyone have a link to a really simple printable maths glossary. I want a really basic one for my low ability year 11s but all the ones I am finding have too much information. I need the definitions for simple words like integer, solve etc and it needs to be short enough to not imtimadate them.

*crosses fingers that someone knows of one so she doesn't have to type one up*

2. Hello

Does anyone have a link to a really simple printable maths glossary. I want a really basic one for my low ability year 11s but all the ones I am finding have too much information. I need the definitions for simple words like integer, solve etc and it needs to be short enough to not imtimadate them.

*crosses fingers that someone knows of one so she doesn't have to type one up*

3. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Anthing of any interest here 1033 - all the glossaries I know about?
    Jenny Eather's dictionary is nice and there are are various other glossaries on the Diigo list on the page I have linked to.

4. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

5. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

6. Thanks

Unfortunatly I want something much less comprehensive! I will have to stop being lazy and type up the words they need to learn :)

7. Normal

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin:0in;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman";}

A to Z math terms and definitions for teachers and students in maths glossary.