1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths games, puzzles?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Amie1509, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Anything that would be good for an extra activity to keep learners active.
    Any books that you can suggest/ games or whipe clean cards that you maybe have used.
    Aimed at year 5 but would also like some that would entertain children who are progressing in and around level 4.
    Thanks
    I have spotted loads on amazon but no reviews :(

2. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

There are lots of free ones on Mathsticks

http://www.mathsticks.com/referral/77778be9

Some are ideas for existing resources, and some a printable games. I love it!!

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

What a cool site...I've had to register!

4. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

Cheers Minnie!! You just earned me 5 mathsticks points!!! I love the site so much - but it has cost me a fortune in ink and laminating pouches.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I saw someone had, but couldn't figure out how or why they were telling me.

Do you lose one for downloading and then gain one for commenting?

6. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

That's right, and five for a referral or a vote. It's just a bit of fun really cos if you comment every time you download you will never run out of points. I have loved finding games that fit with what we are teaching and don't involve writing on laminate because it never flippin rubs off.

7. Hey thanks for this, hope I earned you some points :)

8. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

50 points in the last hour!! Thanks you guys! I hope you find the resources useful - the chap that runs the site is a generous genius.

9. Thanks to everyone for the mathsticks.com mentions here. I'm glad you find the resources practical and useful (sorry it's costly on the ink front!). We've recently started posting a series of Mental and Oral starter ideas each weekend, so that may be of interest. Also, we've just opened the doors on a new blog featuring some more general maths comments and news. You can find the blog at mathsicks.com/extra.

John