1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths games ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hayleyrm, Feb 7, 2012.

1. hayleyrm

hayleyrm New commenter

Good after noon my wonderful TES friends... not that i'm buttering you up at all but i woudl like to pick your knowledgeable brains if I may.

I am trying to set up a bank of resources for independent maths work in my classroom. The sort of thing I am thinking about would be games and/challenges that pupils can access when they have finished their work or at the start of a lesson as a mental warm up. I'm trying to design a job lot of these to laminate and have in my classroom maths area for the children to access- of course when I do this i will also make the resources av ailable on here.

Can anyone help me please?
    The ideas i have so far are
    *four in a row using hundred squares
    *the chain game
    *trget number
    * octopus.
    Any and all ideas welcome

many thanks hx

2. hayleyrm

hayleyrm New commenter

Good after noon my wonderful TES friends... not that i'm buttering you up at all but i woudl like to pick your knowledgeable brains if I may.

I am trying to set up a bank of resources for independent maths work in my classroom. The sort of thing I am thinking about would be games and/challenges that pupils can access when they have finished their work or at the start of a lesson as a mental warm up. I'm trying to design a job lot of these to laminate and have in my classroom maths area for the children to access- of course when I do this i will also make the resources av ailable on here.

Can anyone help me please?
    The ideas i have so far are
    *four in a row using hundred squares
    *the chain game
    *trget number
    * octopus.
    Any and all ideas welcome

many thanks hx

3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

Have you seen Beam Maths of the Month games? I find these are perfect for independent task. They need minimal resources and the instructions are easy to follow.
    http://www.beam.co.uk/mathsofthemonth.php
    Carrie [​IMG]