1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

maths games any popular ones? reception/yr1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blue3, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Hi
    I wanted to get some games for children to play together and I was just wondering if anyone has maths games in their class for free choice and which ones are popular?
    Many thanks

2. dagnabit

dagnabit New commenter

Anything by Orchard games really. They are all good but the children need taught how to play them correctly and when left to get on with it they usually manage to damage/lose bits quite quickly. There are good printable ones on Mathsticks. I often let mine make a board game too - they love them, and when they start looking tatty I just bin them and give someone else a go at making one.

3. Hi,
    These Number Games are popular in my classroom.
    They are free, you can download them instantly and have them ready in the classroom for Monday. They are best laminated though!
    You or your TA will probably need to go through the rules with a group or the class first but at least it's a start!
    I keep mine in the maths cupboard and children often get them out during free choice activities or Golden Time.

4. Hi
    Thank you both for the suggestions. I had a look at the website but the games do seem quite hard esp for the reception children.
    I was thinking more along the lines of mini snakes and ladders games or put together a chopped up hundred sqaure etc
    I will keep looking