1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Equivalency

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by tecimener, May 25, 2017.

1. tecimener

tecimener New commenter

Hi

I currently have 6 weeks to prepare and sit the ET Maths Equivalent test to enable me acces onto a teacher training course. Has anybody sat this recently that could shed some light, would be much appreciated!

2. PicaPicaCorvid

PicaPicaCorvid New commenter

Hi, I did this twice in order to go onto teacher training and had a really positive experience with it. It's well worth it, make sure you practise on old papers as much as you can, it really helps. Good luck!

3. apwayland

apwayland New commenter

OP, have you a C (4) @ GCSE in maths?

Or is this something you take instead of?

4. rolls

rolls Occasional commenter

It is something you take if you want to get onto a teaching course but do not have a GCSE at C or above. Some providers will arrange for you to sit the test with them (at a cost of course) or you may have to sit it in London at an equivalency centre.
    It is better to get a GCSE if you have the time. Online IGCSEs are a good option as you can still sit them in January or June. There are various online providers but cloudlearn is a good bet. They have started working with ITT providers such as Bradford College so that you can sit them on the providers premises.