1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths confidence in FE

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by everidge1, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Hi maths teachers in FE

I am doing my research for my MA into maths teaching in FE. If anyone has any comments to post I would be really grateful so I can incorporate your views into my findings. My research question is:

Does the level of subject specific knowledge affect your confidence in teaching different curriculum levels of mathematics/numeracy?

In a nutshell - if you are teaching maths in FE, do you find that the more qualified in maths you are helps you teach the subject - maybe at higher levels such as GCSE higher or even A level, or maybe hinders you at lower levels such as Entry 1 and 2, and vice versa - you feel your lack of maths specific qualifications helps you teaching maths in FE. If you could post some opinions/comments I would be really grateful - please state in your replies if you are in FE or not. All posts will be treated anonymously and the more honest you are, the better!

Thanks

Janet