1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Competition Prize Ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by joncrip, Oct 15, 2015.

1. joncrip

joncrip New commenter

Hi,

I'm after inspiration from the forum as my own reserves are running low! I'm running monthly whole school maths competitions (FS - Y6) but I'm struggling to think of a suitable math-sy prize. A puzzle of some sort? A maths story? I don't know! Any ideas? :)

2. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

I can send you a couple of these if you want. (free)
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines]

3. joncrip

joncrip New commenter

That would be brilliant Andrew, thank you! Our school address is
    FAO: Mr Cripwell
    Walter Evans Primary School & Nursery
    Darley Abbey Drive
    Darley Abbey
    Derby
    DE22 1EF

Thanks!

4. Andrew Jeffrey

Will do Jon. Moderators - why on earth would you remove the link? I am giving these to the school for free. That does not breach your guidelines as far as I can tell.

5. princess77

princess77 New commenter

I recently purchased maths puzzles from the Works have a look at these:
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines]

I bought 4 different types but can only see this one online. Maybe worth a visit to The Works.

6. Andrew Jeffrey

Three copies in the post today. Enjoy! [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  7. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I'm confused. I can't work out what could have been posted that went against the Community Guidelines. Are we not allowed to post links? (And who am I meant to tag so that this gets seen by Admin?)

princess77 likes this.
  8. Andrew Jeffrey

I agree Kartoshka. No explanation either. I read the Guidelines and there's no breach there. Rude.

princess77 likes this.
  9. marlin

marlin Star commenter

You could try tagging @TES_Community or @TES_Rosaline

Kartoshka likes this.
  10. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

@TES_Community

11. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Hello @Kartoshka

You can post links but not external ones that are for commercial products and services. It could be seen as a form of advertising if the link takes people to a website where you have to pay for products or services.

Code of conduct:

Do not advertise
    We do not allow the advertising of commercial products services or job vacancies in the TES Community.

https://www.tes.com/article.aspx?storyCode=6302355

12. Andrew Jeffrey

Thanks for the clarification - but I was offering something for free (which I have now sent to the original poster;) how was that breaching the spirit of the code of conduct?

13. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

Michael1979 is always advertising rising stars and he works with them?
    @TES_Community

14. michaelt1979

michaelt1979 Occasional commenter

I have referred to Rising Stars resources, usually in response to a query, and so declared my interest. I did once post a link, and it was removed in line with what has been outlined above.
    Incidentally, a link to the free resources on my blog was also removed once because the page contained the sort of advertising that is always put on blogs, so I do think TES have been fairly consistent about this.
    (Oh, and I have a T in the middle ;) )