1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Challenges early years

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by caramel, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Lots of people asked me to put these in the resource bank. Take a look and let me know what you think.

2. Thanks for that Carmel, the activities remind me of the those in the old impact maths books.Really practical and fun.

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

4. These are fabulous, thank you. I started using 'Special tasks books' this year for Reception, and most parents were really keen to help their children with them at home. They were mostly writing based, but gave children the chance to practise their phonics and writing skills, showing Mum and Dad what they could do. There were parents who rubbed out children's own attempts and then gave them sentences to copy (sometimes with incorrect spellings or 'cos' for because - which drove me mad!) but they were using them all the same! I would like to stick some of your maths challenges in them this year, but wondered if you had done any for other areas of the EYFS? Sorry to be cheeky!