1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Assessment

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by S_V, May 1, 2012.

1. S_V

S_V

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? My Head has asked me to find a new way of assessing Maths. Currently we use the termly Abacus tests, SATs, Past SATs and optional papers, NFER mid-year and some APP. We are looking for a scheme of tests across KS1 and KS2 where we can test at the end of every term. Something similar to the Abacus tests but not as constricting, Has anyone got anything that they would recommend or companies that I could contact, either for a standard test scheme they produce or a tailor-made one for us? Thank you!

2. S_V

S_V

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? My Head has asked me to find a new way of assessing Maths. Currently we use the termly Abacus tests, SATs, Past SATs and optional papers, NFER mid-year and some APP. We are looking for a scheme of tests across KS1 and KS2 where we can test at the end of every term. Something similar to the Abacus tests but not as constricting, Has anyone got anything that they would recommend or companies that I could contact, either for a standard test scheme they produce or a tailor-made one for us? Thank you!

3. I am in the same boat. We decided not to buy the abacus tests as it didn't provide a sub level every half term. How do you find them? We have used Wigan, which you can get online for free. I have also come across rising stars, but I am yet to speak to someone who has used these.if I come across any others I shall message again but surprisingly I am finding very few options