1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths Assessment

Discussion in 'Primary' started by xhelen1989x, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I am new to teaching and have just started a job in january. I have just finished marking practice 7+ maths tests. The test was level 2 with a mark out of 40. I'm now stuck as to what determines a level 2c, 2b, 2a etc.
    Say if a child got 9 upto 34, how would this work out in terms of levels?

Many thanks!

2. Hi there,

I am new to teaching and have just started a job in january. I have just finished marking practice 7+ maths tests. The test was level 2 with a mark out of 40. I'm now stuck as to what determines a level 2c, 2b, 2a etc.
    Say if a child got 9 upto 34, how would this work out in terms of levels?

Many thanks!

3. JCA_1989

JCA_1989 New commenter

I wouldn't advise making up your own levels! What test did you use? There should be a marking scheme with it...

4. Oh no, I was thinking it had to work out some sort of percentage!
    It was from the Letts National Tests Practice Paper book (KS1), it doesn't say anything in there about working out levels.

5. I've found it now in the book, sorry!

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Sorry...this is soooooo funny. Sounds like the sort of thing I would do and then find the page in the book after all!