1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths APP STILL not sure!!!

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by McCahey, Dec 29, 2011.

1. McCahey

McCahey New commenter

OK, so I have tried. Honest, I have <u>really</u> tried. Could folks out there please forward any useful methods they have used for APP. I am still struggling with the when? How often? How many? I have tried different approaches: at the end of each topic/ unit/ block but still lie awake at night worrying. Despite this my class makes good progress, but I feel that I am not following the party line when it comes to APP.My magic wand is broken and help needed. Many thanks!!!

2. Opinions about, and methods of dealing with, APP are many, but I would hope your school has an agreed/dictated approach. If not, perhaps you shoud share your concerns with senior colleagues and start the discussion that is needed?
    The one key thing to hang on to is that the APP grids are just lists of assessment criteria. There are many ways of using them. There is no "requirement" from outside of school to use them at all, let alone in any particular way.

3. McCahey

McCahey New commenter

Thanks for the help