1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jwalkley1, Jan 3, 2012.

1. I have had a very successful last term improving the Year 1/2 pupils' English by working on their phonics.

Is there anything that is similar for maths? Something that could take 15-20 minutes a day to boost their maths. All the pupils are progressing well with what I am doing in the normal lesson but I was wondering if anyone out there has tried something, games, starter activities, schemes, something similar to jolly phonics... that will just give them an extra boost.

Thanks in advance

2. I have had a very successful last term improving the Year 1/2 pupils' English by working on their phonics.

Is there anything that is similar for maths? Something that could take 15-20 minutes a day to boost their maths. All the pupils are progressing well with what I am doing in the normal lesson but I was wondering if anyone out there has tried something, games, starter activities, schemes, something similar to jolly phonics... that will just give them an extra boost.

Thanks in advance