1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maths - 1st Week for Year 5 - what to teach?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pmastrelli, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I am going into my 2nd year of teaching this September. I will be having a Year 5 class. I will be taking the Year 6 numeracy planning and adapting it for the Year 5's the week after they teach it throughout the term (due to resources etc).
    So got to think of some numeracy to do in that first week in September. Obviously, number orientated and use of times tables will be important (use of 4 operations). Was wondering if anyone actually has done something similiar before? Any planning or further ideas/contributions would be much appreciated! The class is of mixed ability.

Many thanks!

2. Hi all,
    I am going into my 2nd year of teaching this September. I will be having a Year 5 class. I will be taking the Year 6 numeracy planning and adapting it for the Year 5's the week after they teach it throughout the term (due to resources etc).
    So got to think of some numeracy to do in that first week in September. Obviously, number orientated and use of times tables will be important (use of 4 operations). Was wondering if anyone actually has done something similiar before? Any planning or further ideas/contributions would be much appreciated! The class is of mixed ability.

Many thanks!