1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mathletics - do you have it?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by teachingtimesavers08, Feb 4, 2011.

1. ...and would you recommend it?

Thank you

2. ...and would you recommend it?

Thank you

3. Have used the World Maths Day website and my class really enjoyed it. Looked into Mathletics but the cost proved too much. Have been using www.tutpup.com instead. It's free and the children can still play against children from other parts of the world.

4. We have it. Our kids love it. Even the ones that aren't so keen on maths go on it. I have no idea of the cost though.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

School I'm doing regular supply have been using it for last 3 years with much success. Children use it for one leson & one homework per week ( teachers setting which particular worksheets) & it's easy to check their scores & if they've done their homework. I like the instant feedback if they have a hew high score & the certificates. The children love the facility to play against other children after they've finished their set work & on World Maths Day all maths lessons are turned over to the site with fierce competition.

6. We've started using it this year. Like using it in class, especially the competition section, but hate having to use it for homework. Not every child has a computer at home so they are always behind the others getting certificates.

7. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

We've had it since October and absolutely love it! Even my lower ability children are really enthusiastic about it.

8. Thank you. Good feedback! It's highly rated at conferences and events so it's good to hear opinions from teachers.
    Our school has been using Tutpup. That's fun and free.
    Any more opinions welcome. I've not been on here for ages so this really is my virtual staffroom!