1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mathletics - any good?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ERU, Mar 19, 2012.

1. ERU

ERU New commenter

Hi all,
    We had a visit from a www.mathletics.co.uk representative today. What do people critically think of it? I’m sure people here have more experience of all the pros and cons of it? Is it value for money? Or another well sold product?
    Personally, I like things like this, and I’m a big user of ICT in the classroom but worry what other teachers might think. I’ve tried tutpup but it slows to a halt most days now. I’ve tried Sumdog but it only covers sums. I’ve looked at other products but they seem poor value for money …
    Who’s using it?
    Cheers

2. ERU

ERU New commenter

Hi all,
    We had a visit from a www.mathletics.co.uk representative today. What do people critically think of it? I’m sure people here have more experience of all the pros and cons of it? Is it value for money? Or another well sold product?
    Personally, I like things like this, and I’m a big user of ICT in the classroom but worry what other teachers might think. I’ve tried tutpup but it slows to a halt most days now. I’ve tried Sumdog but it only covers sums. I’ve looked at other products but they seem poor value for money …
    Who’s using it?
    Cheers

3. hya we do and have for a year or two now, our children love it and still go on at home all the time!! They do it as a treat at school too!

4. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

We use education city and I like it better. I think that the questions are a bit harder. But my own child quite likes mathletics and using her rewards she has earned to play with the avatar.

5. Yes, it's good but, when we use it, I have to be very alert to which children are doing maths and which are changing the clothes on their avatar! They love competing against children around the world and each other on the "live" bit.

6. ERU

ERU New commenter

Ah yes, I forgot to mention education city into the mix. This is probably the nearest contender – right? Anyone tried both? Which did you find better?

7. ERU

ERU New commenter

Also just to add to this thread I just came across: mathsticks.com
    To quote the site "The materials, strategies and activities here are based on the need for
    children to be fully involved in their learning; to have fun, and to
    enjoy and achieve while developing their mathematical skills."
    I've just registered. Seems you need some sort of point collection to download materials, i.e. comment. Feel free to use my referal link or the one above if you preffer not to:
    http://www.mathsticks.com/referral/77779e6a