1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity??

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by rachel8572, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I have been given my due date as 27th aug. With this being in the summer holidays can I still say I want to work to my due date and start maternity on this day? Or will they say I have to start my maternity the day we start summer hols? Really hope this isnt the case as it wouldnt be fare at all! Please help... I am going to have to speak to head tomoz and want to know my rights.
    Rachel

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You can start your leave on the day the baby is born. So you get your normal salary right up to that point, and then start in on the mat pay.
    Good luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Rachel... perfect timing!
    If you need more info do go to the resources section of this website and download 'Maternity Matter Handbook' or search for it under my user name.... lots of info that should prove helpful for you.