1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity pay question.

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by NellySparks, Jul 6, 2012.

1. NellySparks

NellySparks New commenter

Hello,
    I am due to return to work on Monday 9th july after my maternity leave...I was just wondering if anyone knows if i will be paid in July or Aug.....I am hoping July but am not sure.....we get paid on the 28th of each month.
    Thanks in advance

2. NellySparks

Hello,
    I am due to return to work on Monday 9th july after my maternity leave...I was just wondering if anyone knows if i will be paid in July or Aug.....I am hoping July but am not sure.....we get paid on the 28th of each month.
    Thanks in advance

3. NellySparks

boooo!!! Someone told me July......I was really hoping they would be right!! but thanks anyway

4. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I can't see why it wouldn't be July (albeit only 3 weeks pay). It's not like they've got to wait for a P$5 or anything. Get in touch with HR and ask.

5. hdavis7612

hdavis7612 New commenter

I'm returning Monday as well. We get paid on the 18th for the two weeks worked prior and then wo in advance. I was told my pay would comprise of SMP for the first week and then the remaining would be at full pay but as the OP mentioned it's probably wise to contact HR at your LA to make sure.