1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity pay help needed!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by lauren155, Jul 4, 2011.

1. lauren155

lauren155 New commenter

Right, baby brain has completly taken over!!! I have recently found out I am pregnant [​IMG] and I cannot work out what my maternity pay will be. I am due in Feb 2012 and will be M4. I have a TLR2 (paid the lowest amount!)
    The hubby and I are trying to plan ahead and work out how much time I will be able to take.... Is there anyone out there who could break it down for me in terms of weekly/monthly income for the first 6 months - I keep reading %%% and SMP and I just can't get my own brain in gear to work it out... after quite some time trying!!!!!
    Thank you to any of you maths whizzes out there!

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

If you seriously can't work out what 90% or 50% of your salary is, you need to go to the maths forum.

3. lauren155

lauren155 New commenter

Thankyou! I didn't know about tax and ni on smp!

V. Helpful tip!

4. lauren155

lauren155 New commenter

Thanks alot.

5. what a friendly reply [​IMG]
    I'm sure the OP is in the the same boat than me, she CAN work out 90%, 50% etc but CANNOT figure out exactly how much money she'll get as we don't know how much tax, NI, etc we'll be paying. But please if you are so good, let us know!

6. Also, you do get (or I did anyway) a print out with your predicted wages for the full maternity leave.

I was ready to jump for joy until I realised it was before tax and NI was removed!!!

7. Surely you would also get a tax rebate at some point too, with the drop in wages?