1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity pay for supply teachers

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by hysteriquelle, May 27, 2009.

1. Does anyone know what maternity benefits I would get as a supply teacher? I'm not employed by the LEA, as I'm an NQT and my LEA doesn't register NQTs for supply. My boyfriend and I aren't trying for a baby, but we've been discussing when to try and we don't know when I'll find a permanent job, so I'd like to know all I can to be prepared. Would I be entitled to some kind of maternity benefits from the government? Any information would be much appreciated.

2. Does anyone know what maternity benefits I would get as a supply teacher? I'm not employed by the LEA, as I'm an NQT and my LEA doesn't register NQTs for supply. My boyfriend and I aren't trying for a baby, but we've been discussing when to try and we don't know when I'll find a permanent job, so I'd like to know all I can to be prepared. Would I be entitled to some kind of maternity benefits from the government? Any information would be much appreciated.

3. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

You'd almost certainly qualify for Maternity Allowance.
    If you want information about what more you'd get if you do manage to land a longer-term job, and how long you'd have to wait to qualify, try tesfaq .

4. nearly_there

nearly_there New commenter

Yes I was in the same boat as you and you can claim maternity allowance. You can also claim healthy start vouchers which gives you coupons to get free baby milk, cows milk, fruit and vegetables.

5. broadshoulders

broadshoulders New commenter

Hi
    I know it was nearly a year ago that you posted but was just searching for my self about preganancy and Im hoping to be in the same boat as you next year and was just wondered how much money you get on maternity allowance?
    i hope you have enjoyed your first year with the little one
    Thanks