1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity pay for part-timer

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Bioteach, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Bioteach

Bioteach New commenter

Hi I currently work part time on a 0.6 basis and am pregnant with my second baby. Could anyone give me some info on how maternity pay will work this time. On ms 4 I get roughly £1000 a month so am happy that I will get close to this for the first few weeks.

Once smp kicks in do I get 0.6 of this plus 50% pay or all of smp plus 50% pay? How much is smp at the moment?

Many thanks for your help!!!!

2. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I was on 0.5 when i had my 2nd maternity leave. It worked just like the first time I was on mat leave on full time, except obviously when i got 50% pay, it was 50% of my 0.5, but then with SMP added, it wasn't far off my usual salary.
    So, you'll get the usual 4 weeks full pay and then 2 weeks 90%, then the 12 weeks 50% of 0.6 plus SMP, and then down to SMP. I was getting about £510 a month when just on SMP, maybe a bit more.