1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity pay and new M3 increment

Discussion in 'Personal' started by raloveridge, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Hi there

Am going on maternity leave on 1st Sept and was wondering whether or not I will get my next increment on Mainscale. I am currently on M2 and assumed that I would just automatically get M3 and my maternity pay would be calculated on M3 rather than M2. What do you think? Anyone gone on maternity leave on 1st day of school?

2. Hi there

Am going on maternity leave on 1st Sept and was wondering whether or not I will get my next increment on Mainscale. I am currently on M2 and assumed that I would just automatically get M3 and my maternity pay would be calculated on M3 rather than M2. What do you think? Anyone gone on maternity leave on 1st day of school?

3. You are right, M3 maternity

4. M3 is not automatic ... has your PM been successful?

If you do move to M3 then maternity leave will not affect this

5. That's great. Thanks very much. Think I will check with HR at the LEA in the morning. I didn't get a PM meeting to move to M2 last year so....surely unless the head has expressed displeasure in your work then you can't be prevented from going to the next increment.

6. Changes to PM

The incremental move is dependant on a successful PM

7. Oh, and you do not have PM in you NQT year

8. I am in the same position. Starting my maternity on the 5th September. My union say I should go to M3 in the new academic year.

9. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

M3 is automatic...
    No, it isn't. Do you have a link to substantiate this?