1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity Leave

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by gymlady, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi, this has probably been discussed a million times so i apologise but I couldn;t find the answer when i searched.
    I am due on the 8th nov and i was hoping to work up to half term and then come in the 1st day back and start my maternity leave from there (really my last day would be the last day before half term) Then i went to see my consultant and i have been scheduled for a section at 39 weeks on the 1st nov. we don't come back after half term until the 31st October - Monday and Im having the baby on the tuesday. Can i still put the 31st october as the day to satrt my maternity leave. i doubt i'll go to work so that would be my start date or would i need to put the friday of half term or the friday we finished for half term? i'm really confused but obviously want to get as much time in before the baby as possible.
    thanks

2. Hi, this has probably been discussed a million times so i apologise but I couldn;t find the answer when i searched.
    I am due on the 8th nov and i was hoping to work up to half term and then come in the 1st day back and start my maternity leave from there (really my last day would be the last day before half term) Then i went to see my consultant and i have been scheduled for a section at 39 weeks on the 1st nov. we don't come back after half term until the 31st October - Monday and Im having the baby on the tuesday. Can i still put the 31st october as the day to satrt my maternity leave. i doubt i'll go to work so that would be my start date or would i need to put the friday of half term or the friday we finished for half term? i'm really confused but obviously want to get as much time in before the baby as possible.
    thanks

3. you can put your due date as your start date. as you know the day you're having a CS, that would be the last date you can put. any date up to the day before the CS will be fine.