1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity Leave

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by SavvySaz, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Hi
    How far in advance do you have to let your school/ L.A. know the date you plan on taking your maternity leave?

ss x

2. Hi
    How far in advance do you have to let your school/ L.A. know the date you plan on taking your maternity leave?

ss x

3. I think you have to let them know by week 25.
    I may be wrong - others will probably be more accurate

4. You're sposed to submit the MatB1 form and inform them of mat leave dates around 25 weeks. I only got my MatB1 at 26 weeks, so work will have only hot it this week at 27 - but I had warned them and we'd already discussed when I could start mat leave, so they were OK about it. I think, once you've given them the dates you can change them - but you need to give them plenty of notice. (Unless baby suddenly appears!!!)

5. Hi,

I really don't understand my maternity stuff. Are all LEA's different. I've only got yhe forms today but mine says that I need to inform them at least 28 days before I plan to go on maternity leave. But everything else I've read says by 25 weeks. I've already informally told work anyway and am only 16 weeks anyway but i do find it confusing.