1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity Leave and Resignation Questions

Discussion in 'Independent' started by Crumpy, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Hi- hoping someone can help. I am currently on Mat Leave, due to go back to school in January after a full year off. I only get paid SMP as haven't been at the school long enough to qualify for more. I have decided that I don't want to go back. I think I have to give a term's notice when resigning? If so, would I resign at the start of September to leave in January? My SMP will run out in September anyway as the last 3 months are unpaid aren't they? Just thinking really that I should resign before the summer hols as the teacher covering my Mat leave then has a chance at getting my job. If I do resign before the summer holidays, that will be before July 8th! Will I still get paid SMP until Sept if I tell them in July? Sorry for all the questions- I really do have baby brain at the moment!

Thanks[​IMG]

2. Hi- hoping someone can help. I am currently on Mat Leave, due to go back to school in January after a full year off. I only get paid SMP as haven't been at the school long enough to qualify for more. I have decided that I don't want to go back. I think I have to give a term's notice when resigning? If so, would I resign at the start of September to leave in January? My SMP will run out in September anyway as the last 3 months are unpaid aren't they? Just thinking really that I should resign before the summer hols as the teacher covering my Mat leave then has a chance at getting my job. If I do resign before the summer holidays, that will be before July 8th! Will I still get paid SMP until Sept if I tell them in July? Sorry for all the questions- I really do have baby brain at the moment!

Thanks[​IMG]