1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity confusion from academy

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by lucy315, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Hi
    I have read up using the b-book and followed different threads yet I am still a bit confused so would be ever so grateful of any advice. I moved to a new LA and started my new teaching job in Sept 2011. I am now pregnant ( due approx 21st November 2012) and I am trying to work out my maternity pay. I have/ will have ....

Over 3 years continuous service at old school. It changed to an academy before I left for one term.
    11th/12th week EWC will be due date from sept- 1 year with current school/new LA
    Won't have worked a year by 15th week EWC as stated in b- book. I will be about 3 weeks off.

I'm sorry if this is not worded very well. I think I'm category B but the whole academy change for one term has really confused me. I am trying to enjoy the exciting news but keep getting wound up trying to work it out. Will obviously phone union / HR etc at some point but thought I would utilise the wealth of knowledge available here. :)
    Thanks
    Lx

2. Hi
    I have read up using the b-book and followed different threads yet I am still a bit confused so would be ever so grateful of any advice. I moved to a new LA and started my new teaching job in Sept 2011. I am now pregnant ( due approx 21st November 2012) and I am trying to work out my maternity pay. I have/ will have ....

Over 3 years continuous service at old school. It changed to an academy before I left for one term.
    11th/12th week EWC will be due date from sept- 1 year with current school/new LA
    Won't have worked a year by 15th week EWC as stated in b- book. I will be about 3 weeks off.

I'm sorry if this is not worded very well. I think I'm category B but the whole academy change for one term has really confused me. I am trying to enjoy the exciting news but keep getting wound up trying to work it out. Will obviously phone union / HR etc at some point but thought I would utilise the wealth of knowledge available here. :)
    Thanks
    Lx

3. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

When we became an academy we were told by our union that all accrued rights to maternity, redundancy and sickness would be continued into next school as long as we stayed in a maintained school, ie LA or academy. I therefore dont think you have had a break in service and can count from start of teaching. Check with union though.

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

See www.tesfaq.co.uk and also download 'Maternity Matters Handbook' from the resource section of this website under my user name. :)

5. Thanks to you both for taking the time to help. I really appreciate it. X