1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity and TLR

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by kittykatdog, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Hi was wondering if anyone can help. I am currently on Maternity leave and have decided to take a year off therefore not returning until Jan 2012. I have recieved a letter from HT stating they are creating a new position of EY/KS1 co-ordinator that would take over from my existing role as FSmanager as school cannot sustain both positions each with a TLR. I currently recieve a TLR for my position. This new post would be effective from sept 2011 and all staff are given opportunity to apply for the post.
    I was wondering if school could basically take my TLR from me whilst i'm on maternity by changing my role to a new one. Plus if i did want to apply would i be expected to attend interviews whilst on maternity? Whilst pregnant i was told not to attend SLT meetings as they were at lunch times - HT said it was so i could get a proper lunch but I felt I was not wanted. I basically feel that he has someone else in mind for the position. Can anyone advise me what to do next please? This is one stress i didn't need whilst on maternity. Thank you