1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

maternity and sick leave advice please

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by beetlehart, Feb 27, 2012.

1. beetlehart

beetlehart New commenter

Hi - bit of a query - I am due to return to work on 4 march ( this will be the end of my paid maternity (smp) - the date before i go onto unpaid - i have given my employer my notice to return - problem is I am due in for an operation two days before this - will I qualify for sick pay if I have not been back to work ? thanks in advance

2. beetlehart

beetlehart New commenter

Hi - bit of a query - I am due to return to work on 4 march ( this will be the end of my paid maternity (smp) - the date before i go onto unpaid - i have given my employer my notice to return - problem is I am due in for an operation two days before this - will I qualify for sick pay if I have not been back to work ? thanks in advance

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Provided you have a medical certificate attesting to the operation confirming it is not cosmetic e.g a boob job :p then yes.