1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maternity and pay progression

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Coconut653, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Coconut653

Coconut653 New commenter

Looking for some advice on moving from M6 to UPS1 ... if I leave just before the summer, what do I do about my UPS application? Do I do it earlier or do I not get to do it at all? And how can I apply if there have been no results until after I start mat leave?! :confused:

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Talk to someone in school. They're not allowed to discriminate against you for being on maternity leave, so not getting to do it at all is not an option. It probably makes sense for you to prepare your application before you go - they can always process it with everyone else's in the autumn. If results are needed, they'll either have to work off most recent mock results, or insert the results themselves. Maybe you can negotiate a KIT day to update it in the autumn, but you can't be obliged to do a KIT day, so they can't insist on that.