1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mat pay

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by TroubledTeacher1, Aug 22, 2019.

1. TroubledTeacher1

TroubledTeacher1 New commenter

Hi

How much are M1 teachers entitled to in England in terms of maternity pay?

I'm 3 months pregnant and school will be told in September

Thank you in advance

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

3. TroubledTeacher1

Yes and yes

I taught there Sept 2018 to July 2019. I'll continue in my role as a teacher from Sept 2019 too.

I'm in a permanent post and I think I am covered by the burgundy book.

4. frustum

frustum Star commenter

When you say "Sept 2018 to July 2019. I'll continue in my role as a teacher from Sept 2019 too", is that two separate contracts with a gap between, or a continuous contract from Sept 2018 to the present? It matters!

TroubledTeacher1 likes this.
  5. TroubledTeacher1

No...a continuous contract. Sorry to not clarify that in my original reply lol

6. rapink

rapink New commenter

I'd be interested in knowing this too, I know the week by week rate from contacting my payroll:

You would have an entitlement to 4 weeks full pay , 2 weeks at 9/10ths of pay and 12 weeks half pay. During the period of half pay you would also receive Statutory Maternity pay at the current rate of £21.24 per day .

But I'd love to know roughly a figure of how much this translates to in terms of £ roughly a month for saving, if anyone can help? I was going to ask to get mine spread out over 9 months. My payroll will only give me figures at 20 weeks.