1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mat leave

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by leahlolly, Oct 13, 2015.

1. leahlolly

leahlolly New commenter

Hey everyone!
    I've just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant and it might be a little early to be considering mat leave but I need to know how to budget. No sites on the internet seem to have a clear idea of what you are entitled to so I was wondering if anyone here would know.

I completed my nqt year at a school in Buxton working under Derbyshire county council and then moved to Tameside council last September so going into my second year at this current school. So 2 years employment heading into 3 years under two different councils. Also my current school is an academy.

Anyone have any ideas?
    TIA
    Leah xx

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Unfortunately it is not your length of service over all that counts when it comes to eligibility… but your length of service in your present post…

You can check your eligibility for maternity benefits here on the handy flow chart where you can access your circumstances more accurately.

www.tesfaq.co.uk - the maternity section.