1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mat leave and mat pay

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by lisa10099795, Mar 31, 2011.

1. What I'd like to know is how mat leave pay works if you don't return to your job after a year and whether or not you have to return to the same job in order to keep the mat leave pay.

2. you get to keep the 6 weeks at 90% and you get to keep the £124.88 you get a week up to 39 weeks but you would have to repay the 12 weeks at 50%.
    to keep the pay you have to return to work for 13 weeks. i have heard that if you have full time maternity pay but return part time you have to do the equivalent of 13 full weeks (so a total of 65 work days) to keep the pay but i've no idea if that's true or not as my work are notoriously ill-informed about maternity rights!

3. Do you have to return to the same school if you decide to go back part time as I don't think my school would go for starting a job share.