1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mat B form - when/how to get

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by cath1980, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hi, I just read that you should be given this form and hand it into employers at 20wks but in my notes it says that my next MW appt is not until 28 weeks and GP appt 25wks. Do I have to make a specific appointment now to receive this form? I am 20+1
    Thanks
    Catherine

2. Hi, I just read that you should be given this form and hand it into employers at 20wks but in my notes it says that my next MW appt is not until 28 weeks and GP appt 25wks. Do I have to make a specific appointment now to receive this form? I am 20+1
    Thanks
    Catherine

3. Both times I got mine at 25 weeks. I think with my first I just made an appt with gp and he filled it in there and then.

4. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Don't worry about the 20 week thing. Most people don't get theirs til after that anyway.
    Put your maternity notice into your employer and just add a note that the Mat b1 form will be supplied once it has been issued by the Doctor or Midwife.
    You'll probably get it at your 25week appointment although mine was with the midwife rather than the GP.
    x

5. sabby81

sabby81 New commenter

Do we do anything after we've given a copy into work? Do we need to send it to anyone??

6. naomi58

naomi58 New commenter

When i gave it in to work, they gave me a quick form from the council to fill in which asked when i wanted to go on maternity leave. They got sent off by admin and I've just received an official letter from the council confirming everything. All happened within four weeks of handing the form in. I got mine at 25 weeks, but was 27 weeks when i handed it in because of the Christmas hols. Very efficient i thought!! X

7. you need to tell work by 25 weeks and you normally get this about 25 weeks. i didn't have mine in time so i wrote my letter to work informing them of my intention to take maternity leave and put in that i would forward my MATB1 form as soon as i received it.

8. naomi58

naomi58 New commenter

Yes - forgot that bit!

9. Been told by the midwife she'll sort mine out at my 25 week appointment tomorrow... not that I need one since I'm just supply.