1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mat 1B Form

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by dancingpixie, Jul 17, 2015.

1. dancingpixie

dancingpixie New commenter

Hi

I will be 25 weeks during the school holidays and am due to get my Mat 1B form from the midwife at my 24 week apt.

I'm not sure what to do about getting this to school at 25 weeks, do I need to take it in during the holiday or is it ok to date it appropriately and then hand it in when we return in September?

I've already informed school of my pregnancy in writing earlier but haven't given any dates of intended maternity leave yet.

Thanks

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I would enclose the MATB1 it with a brief letter informing of your maternity plans when you return in September. :)

3. dancingpixie

dancingpixie New commenter

Thanks Daisyslot, logically I thought that should be ok but then hormone brain panicked I'd be in bother for not doing it at 25 weeks :)

4. clarius85

clarius85 New commenter

My next me appointment is at 28 weeks... Will I get my form then? Is that too late to hand it in? Am only 20 weeks now. X

5. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

You should indeed get your MATB1 form at that appointment?

There is no 'too late' point to hand it in so I wouldn't worry?. It is just a mechanism for formerly confirming your pregnancy and due date. You do have a legal obligation to have informed your employer of your pregnancy at 25 weeks.