1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mastery in maths. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Wayne040493, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Wayne040493

Wayne040493 New commenter

Hey everyone. I know you are all super busy planning amazing lessons , but would any of you be interested in completing a short survey based on mastery in maths? I am currently a year 2 teacher and I’m conducting research for my masters dissertation and I would like to get different peoples opinions on mastery. The survey is completely anonymous so you can be as brutally honest. Tbh the more negative / positive the feedback , the easier it’ll make my dissertation to write. You can complete it on a tablet, phone or laptop with no fuss . It’s 10 questions and takes 10 minutes to complete.

Thanks in advance if you decide to help me! Just copy and paste the link and it’ll take you to it. I will feedback my results to you guys so then I’m helping everyone else out in a way.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8KR5D83

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  2. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

I'm sorry - I was really interested in completing your survey but could have written a dissertation about the term 'mastery in maths'. Whilst you have asked what we understand by this term, unless we have a common understanding, I don't feel I can answer the other questions effectively.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Gerbils150

Gerbils150 New commenter

Hello Wayne. Is your survey still open? I am just starting my masters and looking at a similar question although in the context of Catholic school leadership. I'm happy to respond to your survey if that would be helpful but also very interested to hear about any pitfalls you came across with the questions you selected.

4. jimbilly

jimbilly New commenter

Sorry but shouldn't you have an ethics statement for this request?