1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Masters in Teaching and Learning or Masters in Education?

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by lauraforbeswinslow, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I see that I'm in the same position that you were in a year ago- trying to decide between the MEd & the MTL, and finding it very difficult to get information comparing the two. Did you manage to find out anything useful about these 2 courses?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Hi,
    I am an NQT as well and am studying for my Masters. I asked my tutor which one to go for and she told me that it didn't really matter - the most important thing was to choose modules that you would enjoy.
    At the end of th day an MA in either is just as good.
    Hope this helps
    Jaime

3. Hi,

I know these posts are now a little dated, but I was wondering if you could let me know which route you chose and why, as I am presently unsure between the two myself.

Thanks

4. flapfish

flapfish New commenter

I would think it depends what you are thinking of doing on the back of it. I'm doing mine with the OU and they outline a number of different routes for different interests and aims.

5. dover10

dover10 New commenter

Hello,

I did the MTL and really enjoyed it. The modules really suited me and I could take them in any order so that they suited my needs at different stages of my own career development. I got a lot out of it as it was very action research based- allowing me to develop initiatives in school and feed them into assignments as well as use my findings to improve practice.

I believe that the course had a big impact on my own practice and on my school. I'm sure their are many who would recommend a more traditional MEd but I can't speak for that.

I'm sure you will make the right choice for you and at the end of the day it is totally what you make of it.

Good luck!