1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Masterchef

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Apr 14, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes, I know this has been done before and we don't really like it, but I watched it last night for the first time since the first episode.
    They're now down to just 4 contestants.
    To me it's just NOT Masterchef. Masterchef was Lloyd and the red, blue and yellow kitchens like when I was on it....sigh!
    Anyway, I found the programme interesting once I'd dismissed the idea of it actually being Masterchef.
    My thoughs are:
    The Northern girl.....like how is she still there? Her food was in huge dollops of mis-matched goo. The judges criticised her puddings then later on said how much she'd improved! Like are they looking at the same foos as us?
    The Heston-a-like.....yuk! His pud was just grim. His afternoon tea a bit better but really, only Heston is Heston and this guy needs to get back to basics. He cannot pull off chocolate milk made from coffee, coconut and stout [​IMG]
    Sara....Italian I think. Beautiful cook. Stunnning puds and charming afternoon tea. My money's on her.
    The other bloke.......that's just it......the other bloke. Not memorable for any reason.

2. BelleDuJour

Probably both!

3. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

We watched it last night - fab! Loved Sara's high tea! Looked great. Hadn't realised Michel Roux was going to be on, which was amazing. My brother went and did some work experience with him when he was a teen. My brother is fabulous with pastry and learned such a lot, and he and Michel were in touch for many years afterwards

4. BelleDuJour

She is streets ahead of the others IMO