1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Masons and 666 numberplate

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Seadream, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

We bought a car from a garage a couple of weeks ago and some of the paperwor showed that the car had (legally) had it's numberplate changed in the past to one with 666 and the previous owner had taken it with them. I've just twigged today that the bumper sticker on the back is not a gargae one but the masonic symbol with 2B1 ASK1 on it. Should I be at all freaked out by all this (I'm a Christian) - I plan to remove the sticker but I feel a bit uncomfortable about it all.
    Anyone had similar experience/thoughts?

2. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

We bought a car from a garage a couple of weeks ago and some of the paperwor showed that the car had (legally) had it's numberplate changed in the past to one with 666 and the previous owner had taken it with them. I've just twigged today that the bumper sticker on the back is not a gargae one but the masonic symbol with 2B1 ASK1 on it. Should I be at all freaked out by all this (I'm a Christian) - I plan to remove the sticker but I feel a bit uncomfortable about it all.
    Anyone had similar experience/thoughts?

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Senior commenter

Unless the car is called Christine, I wouldn't worry about it[​IMG]

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Why uncomfortable?
    Freemasons are religious too - it is a requirement that they believe in some form of supreme being (usually called the Great Architect of the Universe).
    As for the 666, it does not come from Revelations (the Mark of the Beast), but from 1 Kings 10:14 and the masonic link with the Temple of Solomon - "Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold,"
    BTW, I am not a Mason - just well-read.

5. I think you should re-post this on the Opinion forum.
    There's nothing folk like more there than some light-hearted banter about religion...

6. Yes, the real number of the Beast is 616!

Honest!

7. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Thanks Nomad - more reassured. My Mum has never been happy that her father was a freemason and has always been very wary so I guess I've got some discomfort from her. My knowledge tends to be about handshakes and covert running of the country through connections and people in high places, interspersed with other bits you hear about such as devil worship and weird rituals....

8. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I don't usually venture over there but perhaps it'll provide entertainment for some! I'd end up no longer reading the thread long before the discussions are over no doubt!

9. Please do it, Seadream.
    Pretty please!
    If you don't, I will. [​IMG]

10. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I did it!! (and oh the irony of the devil smiley!!)

11. There is nothing to worry about.